Connecting educators interested in innovation
A follow up session to the twitter discussion of last week, was the nature of this week’s Tech Talk Tuesday. Participants contributed to the conversations, sharing their twitter accounts to demonstrate a number of features and uses of twitter. The chat, as always, proved to be of great value.
From the chat:-
· 3D Map of the Titanic site for class virtual visits
· Find people on twitter with common interests from this site
· ultranet hashtags got us together with heaps of local educators
· twitter has led me to many excellent professional development webinars and live streams
· The best part of the Ultranet hiccup yesterday was the #ultranet as it meant I got to find out a whole lot more local tweeps
· i love watching TV with Twitter - watching shows that people on Twitter are commenting on at the same time
· I have a bit of a pet peeve though with people who use multiple hashtags in a twee
· You can edit the hastags in TweetDeck
· when we had an earthquake in Melbourne we were able to pinpoint the epicentre through tweets before it was even on the news
· I set up a twitter feed for #fashion for my VET Fashion students
· and a back channel of discussions like when at conferences
· there is a TV show called question and answer, they put tweets at the bottom of the screen during the program
· what is the difference between @ and # when you want to do a search - @ is for people # is for searching eg @penpal will get you. #edchat links lots of people by subject
· tell about tweetshrink too :-)
· i have two vanity columns! :-)
· seesmic is another good one similar to tweetdeck but I still prefer tweetdeck
· Tweetdeck is nice to sync between the iPhone and computer
· hashtags are only effective if everyone uses the same hashtag for a topic or event--doesn't always happen
· twapperkeeper - http://www.twapperkeeper.com/hashtag/ticer2010
· there have been some people using group follows where you can follow everyone in the group with one click-I think Moodle Mayhem did that. Ever wish you could follow all the Moodle Mayhem members who have twitter accounts? Click on this link. Using tweeple
· Blastfollow http://www.blastfollow.com/ What Is BlastFollow?
· Last week’s recording on Twitter Share ‘n Tell
· John Pearce’s shared twitter resources
· anyone else discovered historious?
· One of my Webslides is here http://slides.diigo.com/list/mrpbps/science4kids?mode=full&sid=34041
· Just in Twilk takes your Twitter followers' profile photos and puts them on your Twitter background. http://twilk.com/
Why people use twitter - the interactive whiteboard!
Add a Comment